1. Catchy, Short and memorable! You should also make your name easy to pronounce and spell. At times word that may not make sense can be innovative as domain names.
2. Avoid something too similar to competing domain names and make sure not to violate someone else’s trademark to registered famous names.
3. ”.COM” – The ”.com” is the most popular top-level domain, and it can be very tuff and difficult to find one that is available. In most cases, you should favor a ”.com.”
However, if you are planning to sell in a specific country, only you should consider a country specific domain such as “.in or .co.in” for the India. Such domain extensions are favorite for Google and other search engines.
4. Brand name vs. Discoverable: What’s your strategy? Entirely, relying on traffic from search engines? Then you should use real words and phrases like softwaresuggest.com that people are searching for to increase your search ranking. If your marketing focus is on paid search listing, banner ads and buzz building, you should come up with a brandable name like frekart.com that people will remember.
5. Be imaginative: Most single-word domains are taken, and you might need to create your personal word.
Try mixing two whole words (You Tube), (Micro-soft), (flip kart), (snap deal) tweaking a word (freKart) or making up a unique name (takn).